Vanessa Garcia is a multidisciplinary artist working as a novelist, playwright, and journalist. Her debut novel, White Light, was published in 2015, to great critical acclaim. Named one of the Best Books of 2015 by NPR, Al Dia, Flavorwire, and numerous other publications and institutions, the novel catapulted Garcia into the “2016 Top 10 New Latino Writers to Watch (and Read).”
Her plays have been produced in Edinburgh, Miami, Los Angeles, New York, and other cities around the world. These include The Cuban Spring (a full-length Carbonell Award nominee for Best New Play, 2015) and The Crocodile’s Bite (a short included in numerous anthologies such as Smith & Kraus’ Best Ten Minute Plays of 2016; the City Theatre Anthology 2015; and the Writer’s Digest Annual Award Anthology, 2015).
As a journalist, feature writer, and essayist, her pieces have appeared in The LA Times; The Miami Herald; The Washington Post; The Southern Humanities Review; The Art Basel Magazine; The Rumpus, among numerous other publications. She’s also a Huffington Post blogger.
She holds a PhD from the University of California Irvine in English (with a focus in Creative Nonfiction), an MFA from the University of Miami (in fiction), and a BA from Barnard College, Columbia University (English and Art History).
She’s currently completing a memoir entitled My Cuban Routes.
CV * Vanessa Garcia
University of California, Irvine
PhD, English (focus Creative Nonfiction). August, 2015.
Dissertation Committee: Barry Siegel, Amy Wilentz, and Erika Hayasaki (references available upon request).
University of California, Irvine
MA, English, 2011
Studied Under: Barry Siegel, Rodrigo Lazo, Michael Szalay, and others (references available upon request).
Golden Key Honor Society
University of Miami, Fl.
MFA Creative Writing, Fiction, 2009
Studied Under: A. Manette Ansay, Edwidge Danticat, and Jane Alison (references available upon request).
Barnard College, Columbia University, New York, NY
Bachelor of Arts, 2001
Graduated Summa Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa
Double Major: English (concentration in Writing) and Art History (concentration in Visual Arts)
Studied Under: Mary Gordon, Caryl Phillips, Peter Carey, Elizabeth Peyton, Archie Rand and others (references available upon request).
Published Fiction, Non-Fiction & Other Lit Journal Publication
- White Light, a novel. 2015. Shade Mountain Press. ISBN: 9780991355549
One of NPR’s Best Books of 2015, International Latino Book Award (Best Popular Fiction), On a number of Best of (2015) lists including Al Dia, Flavorwire, NBC Latino, and others. Kirkyus Star. International Latino Book Award for Best Popular Fiction, 2016.
- Skin, short story. Forthcoming in Southern Humanities Review, Winter,2016.
- Patty & Lorrie, short story. i think it’s in my head (exhibition catalog), 2014. Published by Girls’ Club Art Collection, designed by Augusto Mendoza.
- Roadtrip and Key West, two poems. Through a Distant Lens: An Anthology
Washington: Write Wing Publishing, 2014. ISBN: 9781495933424
- Four Legged Flamingos, short story. Intro to catalog for photography show for Francie Bishop Good: Not On Allen Street @ Art and Culture Center of Hollywood, 2013. Printed by creativecreative.com
- Sticks & Stones, poem. Shady Side Review, 1st issue [The Whirligig Installment], Fall 2009.
- Canopies, poetry. Damselfly Press, Fifth Issue, Oct. 2008. www.damselflypress.net.
- For nonfiction and Literary Journalism, please visit my website: www.vanessagarcia.org under Nonfiction, all articles listed there.
- Journalism – Miami, Fl, Los Angeles, CA, and NYC. 2004-present Articles and journalism in: The New York Times; The LA Times; Washington Post; The Huffington Post, The Miami Herald, Narrative.ly, The Guardian, Wilson Quarterly, Remezcla, Broadway World, The Miami New Times, The Southern Arts Journal, Irreverent Homemaker, The Rumpus, The Southern Humanities Review, The Lead Miami Beach, Travel Writing for mondo explorer, etc..
Write about Cuba, women, art, literature, lifestyle, culture, travel, and other beats.
- Copywriting -- Republica Ad Agency, Miami Fl. As well as other agencies. 2008- 2012.
Copy includes work for Meliá; Susan G. Komen for the Cure; Karisma Hotels & Resorts;
Burger King; Pepsico; Adrienne Arsht and the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, as well as The Children’s Trust, and AcuMedSpa,etc. Have also written Web Copy for Design Companies like Gianfranco.us
- SparkNotes, New York, New York. 2001-2002. Wrote Study Guides for Arrowsmith by Sinclair Lewis; The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler; and The Kitchen God’s Wife by Amy Tan, among others.
- Freek, short play for young adults (YA). Part of City Theatre’s Short Cut Tour for Kids (toured all around South Florida schools). Nominated for City Theatre’s National Award for Short Playwriting, 2016. Also, in Best Five Minute Plays for Teens, 2017 (published by Applause Theatre & Cinema Books, Division of Hal Leonard).
- Sam French OOB Festival, August, 2015. My play The Crocodile’s Bite was
chosen out of 1,500 submissions, their largest submission pool to date.
- Grace, Sponsored by Monteverde, full-length play. Workshopped by JustA Theater & Production Company in Los Angeles, Spring, 2015.
- Island Shorts, Feb. 2014. My play The Crocodile's Bite was chosen for a showcasing of the "Best of City Theatre." This included the best of its 20 seasons.
- Swamp Shorts, Nov. 2014. My play The Crocodile's Bite was chosen as part of City Theatre's reading series of shorts meant to launch the Miami Bookfair International.
- The Cuban Spring, World Premiere at New Theatre, Miami, Fl. Oct-Nov, 2014.
This full-length play, about an American Born Cuban and her relationship to Cuba, also had a reading at The Deering Estate in Miami in Sept. 2013, and another reading at Playwrights’ Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Dec. 2012.
- One Minute Play Festival, Miami, 2012, 2014, 2015. Jan, 2014 -- My Shorts included Palm Tree Haiku for Haiyan & Piña. Feb, 2012 -- My shorts included in show: Blow Up, Doll & Killing Me Softly. http://oneminuteplays.wordpress.com/?s=miami
- Miami 1-Acts, New Theatre, Miami, 2012-2014. Short plays produced for Miami-1Act Play festivals have included: Fifty Shades of Shake; Lasso; There Was Nothing We Could Do...We Just Drifted Apart; Remembering Love; and Dad's Got the Mic.
- The Death of Kings: An Encyclopedia, Miami. Reading on July 29, 2013 at PAX as part of South Florida Theatre League/WLRN Summer Theatre Fest Reading Series. Showcase of play in June 2007 @ Circa28, Miami, Fl. A full-length tragi-comedy about a contemporary harlequin (Quin) and his psychiatrist (Dr. Z. Sebastian). Throughout "Quin" creates revisionist history of the Encyclopedia.
- The Underground: A Show About Making Art in the 21st Century, GAB Studio Sept 21, 22, 2012; and at New Light Theatre @ Gallery 101, Oct 12, 13, 2012. Lead writer for this devised theatre piece.
- Keeping A-Breast, BOOMFROG! Series at New Theatre, Miami, Fl. September, 2012. Two of my monologues presented at this show -- "Fruit," and "Reconstruction" -- as part of a show dedicated to breasts. Part of revenue to benefit Breast Cancer.
- Memories of My Mother, Miami Beach, May 2012. Part of a night of monologues selected by a jury for a mother's day production. My monologue called: Dressed for Success was selected for production.
- The Charms of the Gifted , Tamarac, Fl. August 19, 2011. A comedic short about the trials and tribulations of houseguests and what they leave behind (cultural clashes and otherwise). Staged Reading at the Tamarac Theatre for the Performing Arts for show entitled: On the Boards: Our Alternative Theatre Festival.
- Two Islands: Island Blogosphere & The Jewish Nun – Summer 2010. Full Production of show entitled Island Blosgosphere, about a young ABC (American Born Cuban) and her connection with bloggers inside Cuba who are risking their lives for human rights and freedom of speech on the island. Showed: Miami @ GAB Studios July 14 and 15; NYC @ 59e59 July 17 & 18. Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Scotland, at theSpaces@Surgeons HallAugust 6-14.
- Model City -- @ Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts – Commissioned for Miami Made Project, Miami, Fl. March 6 &7 2010.
- The Krane – A 501(c)3 company based in Miami, works globally, 2007 – Present.
Founder and Artsitic Director of this company. Company merges visual art and theatre; we create events and productions around the US and abroad. www.thekrane.com. Have produced a number of shows: Pink Zebras; Post-Secret, Miami; Shoes & a Show: Miami Vignettes; Monologus Lingus; Shake it Up; Two Islands; Who Could Have Predicted? Jump Into Love, and many more. Please see website for details. We take commissions, as well as initiate projects. For a list of pieces included in these shows, please contact Vanessa Garcia.
- Parked – a full length play about two architects constructing a Park – it is also a political parallel of Palestine and Israel.
One day showcases at Just the Funny Theatre, Miami Fl Dec. 27, 2009 as well as The Chameleon Theatre, Amsterdam, Netherlands. May 2008. http://www.decameleon.nl/. In addition, it received a reading at The Rep, Little Rock, Arkansas. August 2007.
- Cloudcuckooland – A play about the city of Miami with all of its complex layers.
Production at Abanico Theatre, Miami, Fl. March 2008.
Staged Reading at Books & Books, Miami, Fl. 2005.
- Raw Impressions, New York, NY, 2002 & 2003. Worked as writer/director for two shows for them: One was for RIOT – Raw Impressions Out of the Box Theatre — My Piece entitled: “My Life as a Stairdweller and the Secrets of Aviation.” Produced at TIXE in Times Square, New York, New York, October 2003. Also worked another piece for them called “The Meaning of North.”
- RED, an animated film about a young woman who comes out of her 'paper bag' to find. I wrote the film and co-produced with Rodrigo Gonzalez. Animation by Chris Salazar. Grant by Borscht Film Festival, 2012
- New York Film Academy, Adjunct – Miami, Fl. October 2015- October 2016. Taught Composition, Public Speaking, Drawing, Dramatic Literature, and Art History.
- Barry University, Adjunct – Miami, Fl. August 2015 – Spring 2016.
Teach Writing about Literature and Composition.
- Center for Writing and Literature, Instructor – Miami, Fl. Sept 9, 2015 –Oct 28, 2015.
Taught Creative Nonfiction (Writing Course).
- University of California Irvine, TA -- Irvine, California. September 2011-2015. Taught Introduction to Literary Journalism, and Evolution and Ethics of Literary Journalism, as well as Medical Narratives.
- New World School of the Arts, Instructor/Visiting Artist -- Miami, Fl. 2014. Taught playwriting.
- Reading Queer Writing Academy, Instructor -- Miami, Fl. Oct. 2014. Taught a course entitled "Inside Out and Outside in: A Personal Narrative Workshop."
- Nova Southeastern University, Adjunt -- English, Department. Ft Lauderdale 2014.
Taught Comp 2000: Advanced College Writing.
- Creative Writing for Teens, Instructor -- Miami, Fl. June - July 2013. Taught a one month intensive writing workshop for teens, ages 13-18. Class sponsored by The Krane.
- Lifetime Arts, Creative Aging, Instructor -- Miami, Fl. 2013-2015 Taught Drawing and Painting courses (3 courses), as well as a Writing course (1) to Senior Citizens through a program sponsored by MetLife, AARP, and the Miami Dade Public Library System. Created curricular design, taught, and led them on museum trips. http://www.lifetimearts.org/
- Memoir & Personal Narrative, Instructor -- Miami, Fl. Summer, 2012. Taught one month intensive writing workshop for writers of all ages, sponsored by The Krane.
- First Pages Workshop, Instructor. Miami, Fl. Nov. 2009 Taught one month Intensive workshop for beginning and intermediate writers. Sponsored by AE District in Miami as well as by The Krane. More info here: http://thekrane.com/first-pages.html
- Johns Hopkins CTY Program, TA. Lancaster, PA. Summer 2009. Assisted in teaching a course called Crafting the Essay for talented youth during a summer intensive sponsored and created by Johns Hopkins University.
- University of Miami, TA. Miami, Fl. 2007-2009 Taught Eng. 209: Intro to Creative Writing.
- Belen Jesuit Preparatory School, Miami , Fl. 2006. Taught High School Art History and Middle School Visual Art.
- Miami Dade College, Miami, Fl. 2005 Taught writing and composition at the downtown Wolfson Campus Writing Center.
- Tutoring, Miami, Fl. 2004-2010. Tutored students in Writing, Art, History, Humanities, English Literature, and other subjects. One and one, as well as in small groups.
- Comparative Drama Conference 2013, Stevenson University, Baltimore Maryland. April 4-6, 2013. Presented a paper called “The Paradox of Devised Theatre on the 21st Century Stage”. Part of this paper was later published in Howlround (an online theater journal). http://www.howlround.com/the-paradox-of-devised-theater-on-the-twenty-first-century-stage
- Space & Place: Production and Transformation, University of Utah Humanities Symposium on Space and Place, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah. Feb. 28-March 1, 2013. Presented paper called "Hypertext: The Space of 21st Century Literature."
- Strange Fascination? A Symposium on David Bowie, University of Limerick, Ireland. October 25-28, 2012. Presenting a Paper called: "How Superficial!:David Bowie in 21st Century Literature and the Art of Surfacing." Paper chosen for publication in book called: "David Bowie: Critical Perspectives," part of the prestigious Routledge series on Popular Music and Society, pub date 2014.
- Crafting Art on Both Sides of the Hyphen: A Discussion on Latin-American Art, Miami, Fl. September 15, 2011. Curator and Moderator for panel discussion that included Carol Damian, Director of Frost Art Museum; Irina Leyva-Perez, Curator of PanAmerican ArtProjects; Luisa Lignarolo of Cernuda Arte; and artist, Gustavo Oviedo.
- Diversity Conference 2011, Capetown, South Africa. June 20-22, 2011. Virtual Participant/Presentation of Paper entitled: “The 'Miami-Cuban' (and other Hyphenated Americans in the World-System”. Paper chosen for publication in Conference Journal. pub. date 2012.
- AASH National Conference [Associated Alumnae of the Sacred Heart], Miami, Fl. April, 7-10, 2011. Seminar Speaker.
- Princeton Harvard Cuba Conference, Princeton, New Jersey. April, 2006. Invited to Princeton to participate and take part as an artist/journalist
- As Personal Assistant to Caryl Phillips (http://www.carylphillips.com), New York, New York & Delray Beach, Fl. 2001- 2004. Assisted with research, teaching, conference planning, etc. Worked particularly on research for his novel Dancing in The Dark about Black Vaudeville Star Bert Williams, which was short-listed for the Booker and won the Commonwealth Writer’s Prize for best book. Also helped to plan, as well as attended the following programs while working for Phillips:
- Literature of the Middle Passage, Ghana, Africa. Assisted in taking a college course to Accra and Elmina to study where the Middle Passage, and the literature that arose out of the forced African Diaspora, began.
- Bellagio Writers and Scholars Conference 2003, Bellagio, Italy. Participant in conference entitled: The Caribbean in New York and Paris.
Honors and Awards
- Best Popular Fiction, International Latino Book Awards, 2016. For Novel WHITE LIGHT.
- Playwright Development Program, Miami, Fl. 2015-2017 as well as 2011-2013. Chosen by Miami Dade County Cultural Affairs in Conjunction with Deering Estate at Cutler to produce a full length play under master playwrights, two-year program.
- Writer’s Digest Annual Writing Competition, 2015. One of winners for short play,
The Crocodile’s Bite.
- City Theatre National Award for Short Playwriting, Three time finalist.
Finalist for short play, The Crocodile’s Bite, 2015. Finalist for short play entitled Lasso. Miami, 2014. Finalist for short play, Pawn, 2013.
- The Deering Estate Literary Artist in Residency, Deering Estate, Miami, Fl. 2014-2015 Gift of a studio and working residency out of the Deering Estate in Cutler bay for the duration of one year.
- The Betsy Hotel Writer's Room Residency, Miami Beach, Fl. July 20-Aug 4, 2014.
- Girls' Club, Writer in Residence, Ft. Lauderdale, 2013-2014. Writing and creating literary programming from Girls' Club, alongside show curated by TM Sisters from Oct. 2013- Sept 2014.
- Summer Dissertation Award, Summer 2013. Awarded 3k from University of California Irvine for dissertation work.
- Graduate Student Research and Travel Grant, University of California, Irvine.
Winter, 2013. For work done on 21st Century Literature.
- 100 Creatives, Miami, Fl, 2010. Chosen by The Miami New Times as one of Miami's “100 Creatives”.
- 20 Under 40 in the Arts, Miami, Fl. 2010 Nominated by city; Chosen by The Miami Herald. I was chosen named for my work in the arts/theatre through my company The Krane (Krane,Inc).
- Miami Dade Cultural Affairs Grant 2010, 2011– Granted $2,700 and $4,000 for Krane, Inc. Projects Two Islands (2010) and Who Could Have Predicted? (2011).
- Schaeffer Fellowship in Creative Non-Fiction – awarded in 2010. Given for PhD studies and to write a book of Creative Non-fiction (Statements) at the Univeristy of California, Irvine.
- Vermont Studio Center Writing Residency – April 2010. Received Fellowship to write at the center and work on a play called Island Blogosphere.
- Phoebe Winter Fiction Contest – May 2009. Finalist for story entitled 33 (later titled Skin).
- NYC Midnight Short Story Challenge, March 2009. Story entitled FedEx To Denmark placed in the Top Five. http://www.nycmidnight.com/
- Nomination for Best New American Fiction Prize, May 2008. For short story Shells in Manhattan. Nominated by Edwidge Danticat.
- Graduate Fiction Prize, University of Miami, Fl. May 2008. For short story Shells in Manhattan. Judge: Chauncey Mabe, South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
- New York State Summer Writers Institute, Saratoga Srings, NY. July 2008. Full tuition scholarship to study with Margot Livesey & Jim Shepard in the genre of Fiction.
- The Rolex Mentor & Protégé Arts Initiative, 2008. Finalist for literature protégé to work with Wole Soyinka. One of four finalists world-wide. Visited Soyinka in his home in Abeokuta, Nigeria, and in Lagos for one week.
- Voices at the River Residency at the Arkansas Repertory Theatre, Little Rock, Arkansas. August. 6-19, 2007. Two week residency for play “Parked.” Public reading at the end of residency. www.therep.org
- James Michner Fellow, University of Miami, Fl. 2007-2009. Full Fellowship/Tuition Scholarship for Graduate Studies/ MFA in Creative Writing from with grant for Teaching Assistantship during MFA
- Grant from The City of Miami, Commissioner Johnny Winton, Miami, Fl. 2002 to launch a project entitled Model City. Grant for $1,400.
- Edward Austen Abbey Mural Workshop Scholarship, New York, NY. 2001.
Scholarship to study the art of mural painting at the National Academy of Design, NYC.
Time Grant for Visual Arts, Barnard College, Columbia University, New York, NY. 2001
- The Doris E. Fleischman Writing Award, Barnard College, Columbia University, May 2000. For best piece of Writing fiction or non-fiction.
- International Library of Photography Editor’s Choice Award, 1998
- Miami International Bookfair Award in Writing, 1997. For new voices.
- Outside the Box 2: An Exhibition of Outdoor Installations, Whitespace, April 2014 -- The Mordes Collection, West Palm Beach, Fl. Juried Exhibition Curated by Lisa Rockford.
- The Mostly Cuban and Cuban-American Show, The Fortress, Miami. Fl. December 2012. Show curated and organized by collector Martin Parker
- Wine & Chocolate -- Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. June 2011. Group show at New Light Gallery, Lauderdale by the Sea.
- Divine Debris & Glorious Trash – Miami, Fl. June 2009. Group show sponsored by Arts at St. Johns and The Miami Beach Botanical Garden. Show was dedicated to using recycled materials and “trash” in art.
- Vivid, Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. – Feb – March 2009. Group show at New Light Studio/Gallery (Lauderdale by the Sea). A joint community project between professional artists and high school students to encourage artistic growth.
- The Black Valentine Day Art Show, Miami, Fl. Feb. 13, 2009. Group show sponsored by KraveArt and Wallove.
- Last Picture Show, Miami, Fl. March – April 2008. Group show at Artformz in Design District of selected Miami artists.
- Women and War, Miami Women’s Club, Miami, Fl. March 2008, Miami. Group show on the subject of women and war for a conference called “Reflections on War”, sponsored by Arts at St. Johns.
- EXPOSED! Miami, Fl, Art Basel, 2007. Juried Group Show at Artformz.
- Smash & Grab -- Locust Projects Raffle, Miami, Fl. Nov 2006 - 2011. Sold “La Girafa”, “The Flowers Are More Interesting Underground” as well as portions of a series called “Journal Drawings,” and "Birdland" from a series called "Internet Access."
- Off the Wall, Miami, Fl May 12, 2007. Wynwood One Night Happening @ 310 NW 26th street, curated by The Krane. Other artists included Aleksandar Kirilov, Rachel Hoffman, Yoshimitsu Takano, and Madame Gremalkin, along with Wize Foolz Muzik, Gatoe, and Nikki Garcia.
- Fast – Miami, Fl. Wynwood. April 2007. Group Show @ 370 NW 24th street, curated by Jordon Massengale.
- Intimate Bodies, Public Spaces, San Francisco, March 1-31st 2007. Group show at The Mina Dresden Gallery http://minadresden.com
- Intensely Superficial, Miami, Jan. – March 2007. Group Show at Artformz in the Design District
- Pregon, Miami Dade Public Library Call and Response Series #1, Miami, Fl. Oct. – Dec. 2006 – invited to be a part of a series of work that responds to the library’s collection.
Artists included: Ernesto Burgos, Teo Castellanos, Carlos de Villasante, Christian Duran, Beatriz Monteavaro, and Angela Valella.
- Museum of Modern Art, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. March 2006 -- invited with Miami Gallery, Edge Zones, to participate in an exhibit and series of performances at the Museum of Modern Art, Santo Domingo. Project was entitled “Reassessing the Diaspora”
- Imaging Ourselves. http://imow.org/ June 2006. Juried Exhibition, chosen as featured artist for online exhibition.
- HGTV commission, Miami, Fl. 2006. Commissioned to paint a mural for “Mission Organize”.
- Tactics and Strategies, San Francisco, March 3 - April 1, 2006. Group Show at The Mission Cultural Center for Arts. Juried Exhibition.
- Doodle, Soho, New York, New York. Sept 1-15, 2006. Group Show at The Broadway Gallery.
- Restructured Reality, Miami, Fl. Feb-March 2006. Group show at edgezones in Wynwood.
- Secrets of Aviation, Coral Gables, Fl. Oct. 2005. Solo Show at The Gilded Hand.
- THE DISTRICT, Miami, Fl. Sept. 8- Oct 13, 2005. Solo Show.
- The Miami Paintings, Miami, Fl. Summer 2005. The Four Ambassadors Hotel Lobby. Solo show.
- Beyond All That, Miami, Fl. Jan 8th – Feb 26, 2005. Edge Zones Gallery, World Arts Building. Group show about the relationship of art and social transformation.
- Puntos de Vista, Queens, New York, May 6, 2004 .Queens Council on the Arts benefit and auction of work by contemporary New York Latino Artist.
- Visual Mnemonics, Miami, Fl. April 17-June 14, 2004. Edge Zones Gallery, World Arts Building. Group show suggesting art as a device that triggers the power of memory.
- Night of 1,000 Drawings, New York, New York, 2003. Group show at Artist’s Space, Soho.
- National Academy of Design, New York, New York, Aug- Sept. 2001. Group show.
- Miller Theater, Columbia University, New York, New York. April –May 2001. Group show.
- Leroy Neiman Center for Print Studies, Columbia University, New York, New York. April- May 2001. Group Show.
- National Arts Club, New York, New York, 2000. Group show of artists and Muralists.
Visual Art, In Collections of
- Frances Hunt Potash -- Hole in the Heart, The Target Collection
- Andrea Henderson & Michael Szalay -- Mariel
- Martin Parker -- Enlightenment; 1968
- Megan Roth -- Smalls Jazz Club (Google Eyes Series)
- Margaret Cardillo & Luke Fronefield - Florida Circus Performer (The Flower Women)
- Daniela Diaz -- Head in the Stars (The Flower Women); Mother & Daughter Birds
- Marianne Devine -- Birdland (Google Eyes Series)
- William Ross --- Model City
- Ramon Balboa – Katrina; Heartbreak; Skirt Train (long drawing/installation)
- Mary Danguillecourt – Trickle Down Economics is Bullshit
- Melissa Krinzman, Miami – The Journal Drawings
- Paul and Estelle Berg, Miami – The Flowers are More Interesting Underground
- Stephen Gamson, Miami – Strong as an Oak (The Flower Women)
- Law Offices of Inaqui Saizarbitoria, Miami – A Trip to the Moon
- Olga Marie Saizarbitoria (Discovery Channel), Miami – Virgin Mary Series
- Digna French (lawyer), Miami – La Girafa
- Caryl Phillips (writer), New York/London/Delray Beach -- Delray
- Pioneer Commodities, Boca Raton – This is What I Know For Sure & Drawings
- Doug Harris, Bisazza – Byzantium
Art Books Featured In
Edgezones Press Miami; Edited by Charo Oquet and David Vardi
- Dramatists Guild of America, Member 2011-Present
- South Florida Theatre League, Member 2011- Present
- Board Member for ioi Intercultural Outreach Initiative. 2016 -Present